The World Wine Cargo Alliance was created by Cargo Club Forwarders’ CEO Montserrat Nomen Brotons in the beginning of 2019. The idea behind this freight forwarders’ network is to gather reliable agents willing to specialize in the transport of wine and other spirits. However, each member is at a different level of specialization, so we also manage other types of commodities (not only beverages).
This is an exclusive alliance, since there is a limit of 2 memberships per country, except for Brazil (4), China (4), India (3), Russia (4), and the USA (4) due to their geographical extension. The reason for these limitations is that we want the World Wine Cargo Alliance to be an active network in which all members can benefit from cooperation.
The first meeting of the alliance took place from June 27-30th, 2019, in Barcelona. We visited a traditional winery, the Port of Barcelona, and the logistics fair SIL Barcelona 2019, and everyone participated in the traditional one-to-one meetings. This year, given the global pandemic and the travel restrictions imposed by countries, the World Wine Cargo Alliance team decided to celebrate an online event for its member. There were 92 attendees and over 730 online one-to-one meetings.
The benefits for the members are the following:
- Business opportunities. The main goal of the WWCA is to promote cooperation among members, and this cooperation is expected to translate into business opportunities. The WWCA is fully committed to helping all members improve their profits.
- Specialization in the transport of wine and other spirits. The World Wine Cargo Alliance is committed to sharing specific information on the transport of wine and other spirits. This way, it contributes to the members’ specialization in the transport of this type of merchandise.
- Partners all around the world. The WWCA offers its members top-quality partners from different countries. No matter where you need to send a shipment, you will find the right agent you can rely on. In the case there is not a member from a specific country, the WWCA team will provide information on reliable agents outside the network.
- Financial Protection Program. The World Wine Cargo Alliance is currently working on a Trust Fund that will be presented shortly. It is not mandatory.
- Annual Conference. The WWCA will hold an annual conference in different countries that are wine importers/exporters. Among other activities, all members can participate in the one-to-one meetings. This is where they can meet forwarders from all around the world in one room, saving you thousands of dollars in traveling costs.
- Communications. Members will receive a weekly newsletter with the latest news and updates.
- The WWCA online platform. Members of the alliance will have access to a personalized online platform where you can find all information about other members
- Access to webcargo.com. Members will receive the required credentials to access webcargonet.com. In this platform, you will be able to find Cargo Club Forwarders’ rates whenever you need them.
- Customized advice on the legal requirements in Spain to transport wine to your country.
- Possibility of replicating Cargo Wine. Members of the alliance might have the possibility of replicating Cargo Wine in their respective countries. More information is still to come.
- Other services. Negotiation of rates with multimodal carriers and support to handle all kind of commodities.
The membership fee for 2020 is 230€ or $260.